Saturday, March 30, 2013

Blessed Are Those Who Believe.

After reaching his fingers into Jesus' hands and putting his hand in Jesus' side Thomas declared, "My Lord and my God" (Jn.20:28). In response to Thomas' declaration the risen Christ uttered the "last Beatitude"-- "Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed" (20:29b). Thomas' belief was contingent upon tangible evidence. He would not accept the testimony of his companions. The evidence for the resurrection is astounding but truly accepting it is still an act of faith. I'm thrilled by the statement of Jesus that those who have not seen (that's you and me) and yet believe are blessed. So are you one of the blessed--believing even though you haven't seen--or one disbelieves? Oh how I wish that on this Easter you we would all be among those who are blessed because even though we have not seen, we still believe Jesus to be the Risen Son of God and Savior of the World.

No comments:

Post a Comment