Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Until Christ is Formed in You

‎"My children, with whom I am again in labor until Christ is formed in you--" (Gal.4:19). Paul worked hard to help others grow up in their faith. This verse serves as a sobering reminder and a serious motivator. It soberly reminds me of all those in my life, past and present who labor to see me grow up in my relationship with Christ--former pastors, professors, youth workers, my parents, my sisters, members of the congregation, church leaders, close friends, colleagues in ministry, our current associate pastor, my wonderful wife, and great children. May I never lose sight of all the effort of others that has and continues to go into my spiritual formation. I thank my God upon every remembrance of those who have and still do invest in me. They are a gift of God. The verse is also a serious motivator, a challenge for me to "not grow weary and lose heart", but to press ahead in my efforts with my children, those in the congregation, family, and friends to spend and be spent until Christ is formed in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment