Monday, May 20, 2013

God is In Control

I occasionally find myself in the same place as the Psalmist in Psalm 73, looking around at all of the people with an "anti-God" self-indulgent lifestyle who prosper. I'm tempted to think, "what's the point of trying to please the Lord, of seeking to live a righteous life?" (See Ps. 73:12-14). For all who have ever joined the Psalmist in saying, "surely in vain I have kept my heart pure" (Ps.73:13) keep reading. The Psalmist despaired over the injustice... "Until I came into the sanctuary of God (spent time with the Lord), then I perceived their end (the final end for the wicked)...You cast them down to destruction (73:17-18). This O.T. truth is repeated in 2Pet.2:9 "...the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trial, and to keep the unrighteous under punishment for the day of judgment." Though the wrong seems oft so strong, God is the ruler yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment